Friday, October 23, 2015

#ThatWouldBeMe - Harry Connick, Jr.

Today, October 23rd, Multiple Grammy and Emmy-award winning musician Harry Connick, Jr. new album, That Would Be Me, dropped aka come out.  Harry stepped out of his comfort zone with this album and working with two amazing outside producers (Sam Smith, Adele, Florence And The Machine), and Butch Walker (Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Pink, Weezer, Fall Out Boy). They may have different working styles but the album came together nicely.  It is never easy to work with new people who have a different style than your own but the result were while worth it!! 




I don't own any Harry Connick Jr's album, even though I enjoy listening to all types of music. Different moods call for different songs. I have never been into smooth bluesy, jazz music that much, however I always thought Harry Connick Jr was a great singer and cool guy. This album has different changed my mind!! It is OUTSTANDING!!


Harry 's latest album, That Would Be Me, at times is a little gritty and at times I thought I was listen to Gavin DeGraw, one of my favorite musicians.  The album also filled with catchy upbeat love musical compositions as well as ballads but it has songs for just about every mood, from happy to sad. Which is why I love it so much!

  “(I Like It When You) Smile”, will make you smile, it's is fun and flirty. It even features a rap by Harry, which surprised me. I loved it!!  “(I Do) Like We Do” has a bit of reggae feel to it which is neat made you feel like you're on a vacation( a short one:( ). A few other standouts are "Tryin’ To Matter" and “Songwriter” Ok, maybe the whole album :) 


Check it out! You won't be disappoint!!! 





          TRACK LISTING:
            1. (I Like It When You) Smile
                                                                     2. (I Do) Like We Do
                                                                     3. Tryin’ To Matter
                                                                     4. Songwriter
                                                                     5. Do You Really Need Her
                                                                     6. You Don’t Need A Man
                                                                     7. You Have No Idea
                                                                     8. Where Prisoners Drown
                                                                     9. (I Think I) Love You A Little Bit
                                                                    10. Every Time I Fall In Love
                                                                    11.Right Where It Hurts

  You can find the album here:



Check out Harry Connick Jr. on Social Media:
* Official Harry Connick Jr website: https://www.harryconnickjr.com

I participated in the That Would Be Me album review program as a member of One2One Network. 
I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own. #ThatWouldBeMe #O2O

No comments :

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird